Its coming, the new start in the wheel of the year, Samhain. As a Wiccan, I have found that the Caribbean observance is a different thing. I usually observe the passing alone, quietly casting my circles and working on my goals.Now, the spiritual lonliness has me reaching out to other like-mindd people for the purpose of sharing thoughts and ritual practices.
Why Wicca....because it speaks to what was lost. The sense of ancestry, of conforming with nature, of living in harmony with the land were are on. We seem to be fighting every step of the way. We fight the rain, the floods the landslides.... our mistreatment of the land leads to mistreatment of each other. The balance is no longer sought.
This time of the year marks the return to darkness, and by this I mean that the darker part of the 24 hour cylce is longer than the day. Our focus turns to the night...the illuminating powers of the moon and stars, and the energies they bring to the Craft.
Samhain, the veil thins, the dead and the living can reach out to each other, acknowledge the cycle and begin again. The dark time is one of reflection, of assesing ones purpose, of incubating in the womb, as the god is incubating in the womb of Mother Earth.
Wicca calls us to acknowledge both parts of ourselves, and intergrate them into a fuller, wholer person......
I practice privately, and I seek guidance from the ALL. This can only be found in sparks from the ALL...which can be sought in the gods and goddesses here on earth.
All I seek is community... online or otherwise.
9 comments:
Understand completely. I ave been practicin a little over a year. I wish I had a few witches to bounce ideas off of.
Anyone from Trinidad?
Celtic Crystal here
This is only for Trinidad. All invited people were Trinidadians.
Well I am very curious to meet the local wiccans, would you all be willing to meet at a location? I can arrange it for the halloween
Halloween is a very spiritual time for us Ian....
You know who I am....
Don't know about Basil.... but maybe you, me and quendom can meet up. Why do you want to meet?
Won't be in the country then sorry...
Ian,
Can you and Craig meet on Saturday? Or Today?
I have always wanted to truly celebrate Samhain but when you're a solitary practitioner you often spend the time feeling the spiritual energy of the day, I think it's about time we all got to share it with each other!
Post a Comment