Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Adding to our knowledge store


Hello All,


Would love to see Ian post something about Tarot. He knows, but is not telling :)

Would love to hear Manifest's views on the Triple Goddess and what led her to create the painting she has on her site, and how the book is going. Did it reveal any secrets we would love to know?


Also, I would love to hear from any others who have expressed interest in The Craft, and if they have been doing any reading on the subject.


Usually, newcomers to Wicca are left alone so that they learn to read and discover things for themselves. They are usually left to research, study and learn for a year and a day (Thirteen Moon Cyles and one day) By the end of this time, they decide if they would like to be initiated into the Craft. Sadly, we have no clergy, we have no initiation, and I don't know yet if we even want to go that way.


For me, just learning about it is enough, I have never felt the need to be initiated to justify my beliefs, which are not mainstream Wicca, but a mix of things that appeal to me.


Currently, I am reading Herbs for Magick and Ritual....found it in the Library. I am pulling out all the herbs that grow here locally, just part of my quest for local associations. No one I ask can tell me what Planet to place Mango under!

The same book advises deep meditation on the plant, and it is especially important that you have live contact with the plant....so I am working on those around me, and shall be putting my findings in my BOS............


Oh, we should welcome Sofire and Libran to the group.......WitchVox is helping us connect.

Blesses Be everyone...

No comments: