
One of the things that irks me in a magical practice is the methodology and symbolism to use to create a convincing ritual to my subconcious.
See...Magick holds it that all the ritual is just window dressing to fool your subconcious into believing that the ritual for what you wish for actually works. My problem is actually finding believable symbols that work for me.
As an individual of mixed heritage, who has sort of grown up on the fringes of this society, finding believable myths and magical ethos is almost impossible. I am having difficulty relating to any...and I seem to be in a phase of mental jumping.
Candle magic works for me.....and I like to burn stuff. Runes seem too far removed from my psyche, tarot cards go in circles. Objects like knives and wands hold no magical symbolism.
I think I have to invent my own. I cannot look to African faiths, cause I do not consider myself and Afro Trinidadian...neither can I look to European Pre Christain faiths...as I have the same problem there. And the Caaribbean has not synthesised cultures enough to create a unique symbolism that can be used for Magick.........
This blog entry is brought to you by Celtic Crystal By the Way. Basil is moving to another country.
f
No comments:
Post a Comment