Sunday, August 2, 2009

When your paradigms fail.



Along my Magickal path I have discovered a hurdle. What do you do when the paradigms you previously used, no longer deliver the belief that your goals are possible?

To explain.... in Magick, you pick a paradigm (belief system) which can support your goals. So you work with this paradigm, get to know it, understand it, and begin to believe in it. Somewhere along the line, you begin to see its imperfections, when its direction no longer supports your own. Your faith is shaken, your belief falters and all faith in the Magick dissappears.

How can you develop, or create your own paradigm for your mind which evolves with you as you need it? The paradigm has to constantly change to support your desires. It cannot be a model which speaks to a static result, and is not open to possibilities.

Currently, the paradigms of horoscopes, cards, and other divination methods have me feeling like the Universe is premandated, and any desires I have are futile. My "free will" feeling has been removed. I have gone from feeling expectation and possiblility, to loathing the pain to come in the future. Positivity is difficult to grasp. Very difficult.

I suppose this is the dangerous path, the dark side of Magick that comes to you after the intitial fervour of the naive (oh gosh I cyah spell) mind has gone, and you realize that your mind has reached the end walls of the maze that it has travelled on for a long time. I feel like I am at nine, the number of completion. This cycle is over, and there is need for new growth. My card is now the World......

However, lets take a look at The World.....it is the abstract doorway. Imagine you are standing at a door of a room. You know what is behind you. You know the feelings, the energies, the emotions that are housed there. Here is the door, and at that point you and only you can decide what you want behind that door. Hold the doorknob, and be really, really clear about what you want. Because what ever is in your mind, will manifest as soon as you touch that doorknob and be there at the other side when you open it.

No comments: