Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fun with the wind

The other day I remembered a very simple spell that worked for me, a few months ago.

I had recently purchased a 'classic' - "The Holy Book of Women's Mysteries" by Zsuzsanna Budapest. She is the 'matriarch' of the Dianic Wiccan movement.

I came across a passage in a section about 'Weatherworking' (p 275 - 283) that went like this:

"Another good exercise to do as long as you are outside learning weather work and there is no wind is 'whistling the wind'. This practice is useful for bringing in the clouds or cooling the weather if it's too hot. You can whistle yourself,or use a pipe of some sort, but you must whistle. Think of yourself as the wind, and do a little dance as you identify with Nature. With your hands, make puffing motions as you dance. Reach out for the wind and pull it to you as you whistle and dance."

So a week later, while hanging up clothes to dry, I saw the clouds gathering. I really did not want my clothes to get wet, and remembered the passage I read.
Of course, the thought occurred to try it out. So I thought, 'why not?' and did.

So I faced in a direction that I wanted the wind to blow from, and whistled. I did not dance or move my hands. I just spoke to the Goddess and the Wind, asking for some help to dry my clothes, some breeze please. And whistled for all I was worth. I even started to smile and laugh, because it felt like such fun, and I was filled with childlike joy.

And you know what? It worked!!! Wind started to blow from the same direction, and the clouds started to move away. So I then gave thanks, smiled and walked away.

It was quite an interesting experience, and has been repeated several times.

I know the wind is blowing really hard lately, but if the opportunity presents itself, try it out and see what happens. ;)

Blessed be )O(

Featherstone

2 comments:

Celtic Crystal said...

Whistling the Wind......seems "Pan-like"....hmmm

Keisha said...

Hahahaha. Maybe. Ironic that the idea came from a Dianic witch.
But it was interesting that I did feel very playful while I was doing it.