Saturday, March 12, 2011

Knot Magick

So, I never guessed that something as simple as tying knots in a cord with intent can have a magickal effect...but apparently this is a very ancient practice. I first really heard about it from reading about the Prophet Muhammad's (Peace be upon him) biography, as I am from an Islamic background. Someone cursed him by tying knots and this would have killed him...as it was so powerful...certain surahs of the Qur'an were revealed after this incident and the recitation of these surahs grant protection from any magick , thoughtforms, etc directed at a person.

Now romatically speaking, couples "tie the knot"....the surest way to keep you and your partner bound together is to tie together an article of your and their clothing...in Hinduism, in the traditional Hindu wedding (I dunno if it's still done), an end of the dulahin's sari and a piece of the dulaha's clothing is tied together and a recitation is recited that basically pledges the couple's unity for life. A more extreme case is where gypsy women tie several knots in a length of cloth that is as long as their lover's dangly bits and ehem...yeah that man not hornin dem.

Also, we hear of Celtic knotwork all the time, I don't know too much about that, maybe someone more knowledgeable than I can enlighten us about it.

Knots also affect weather; the priests and priestesses of Isis kept their hair in knots, and when they wanted to release rain or powerful winds form the sky, they would undo a knot from their hair...

Knots can also bind harmful energies, and are very simple yet efficient at doing this. On the other end of the spectrum, knots can be used to bind a person. A Lebanese friend of mine and I were discussing black magick in his country, and he told me stories of how women would come to shaykhs complaining that they couldn't get married, or have children, etc. The shaykh would pray for the woman and tell her to look in a certian part of the house and lo and behold, hidden in that unsuspecting place would be strands of the woman's hair or cord in which would be knots for every year of the woman's life that she wouldn't get married...some more dramatic cases have been on Saudi television where a shaykh exorcised a girl and she vomitted up a cord made of hair and supposedly this was what her enemies put inside her...theese things are real people, they might sound dramatc but they are simple but powerful charms, especially if combined with words of power.

I will stop the post here, but continue it a bit later, as this topic has consumed my interest of late and I thought I would share it with the community.

2 comments:

Keisha said...

Thanks for the info. Very interesting stuff. Wonder how this can be applied in our local situation, though due to our Lebanese community, is probably being used here already.

Nazireh Reis said...

Knot magick is very simple yet powerful; I have used it a couple of times but each time the results are very, very effective. No, I don't think the local Lebanese community uses knot magick LOL, my friend was talking about it back in Lebanon :)