Sunday, July 12, 2009


You always hear " Be carefull what you wish for". Here is a perfect example of that statement.

In my haste to fix a relationship issue with my partner of eight years, I decided to cast a Love spell. Now you should never cast a love spell for someone to love you, only for true love to come into your life.

Magickal teachings hold that the spell, when worked, will take the shortest route possible to the outcome wanted. So my insanely twisted assumption was that the "true love" would come from the individual who was already there anyway. For the past couple of years, our relationship had gone cold, at least outside the bedroom door. I was hoping to open those blocked hearts and find the romantic side of it again.

I closed my eyes, centerd and cast my spell........

"Love to me I pray you bring,

By the power of love so true,

Fill my heart so it may sing,

Rejoice and let me love anew.

And it harm none to mote it be"


As I cast the spell, I had the sinking feeling that it is possible that he cannot love me as I wanted, and that the relationship could end. Why the bananas didn't I think of this before?????

The powers of Magick began moving and the arguements began...revealing many truths that I did not know, and culminating into me getting so angry that I asked him to leave.


I am guilty of bringing this on to my family. I have caused pain to my children.....


Sometimes it seems as if he is still there...he is...for the children.....but there was a moment between us as if...well... I do not want to hope.

I don't know where the Universe will take this. Sometimes I hope that this is a transition we must undergo to grow apart, and come together. Sometimes...I wish we would return to being a couple. Sometimes I want the freedom to explore things on my own....


Never Cast a spell until you have weighed out all the possibilities...and you can live with all the possibilities.....

My spell worked too darn fast...... now why doesn't the lotto one work just as quickly?

3 comments:

Kore said...

You make an excellent point that you have to be prepared to live with all the possibilities of such a choice.

This actually reminds me of the movie The Craft and the most realistic character said something to this effect: "Once you open the floodgates how do you undo it?"

There is no greater power than our own freedom of choice in a way casting a love spell is freedom from choice.

Celtic Crystal said...

"Freedom from Choice" the words are clanging like a warning beel in my head. An excellent concept actually.
I need to think about this further...freedom from choice...
Have I, in casting the spell, sealed created and forced a event, that may not have happened if I had just let things be?

Could it be that the world might have turned a day, and motions could have been made to get my wish, without forcefully declaring "IT MUST BE NOW!" though my spelll.......?

Interesting concept Kore.....I retire to my brain to ponder.

Keisha said...

Dear Untitled,
I just read your spell again and it just occurred to me that what happened in the short term may be a good thing. I know, it does not feel that way right now, but if the Goddess is to send love to you, wouldn't that which is blocking it have to be removed.
Take it from a woman who herself has separated from a marriage: there is something so much better on the other side of this pain; even if it is simply a greater love for self. Solitude is not so bad, it can even be great!