Sunday, January 30, 2011

Getting the fire started.

Greetings, this is my first entry to this blog. I'd like to thank Featherstone for inviting me to this blog and granting me permission to post. I'd just like to introduce myself just to increase comfort levels across the board. Im currently pursuing an Engineering Bachelor's degree at UWI. I grew up in Diego Martin with a catholic family backround.I had a very difficult time following my family's religion however, the concpets and truths which it spewed didnt agree with me. I love nature and from a young age I've always had a spiritual connection with nature. For me going on a hike or to a park, seeing nature's transformation was a very important, fullfilling and enlightening experience . One night ate the age of 14, I noticed a hooting sound in the park opposite my house. I shone a light through the branches of the trees and located an owl, the owl(a tropical screech) immediately repsonded by locking its eyes onto mine. Inspired by curiosity, I left the house and went into the park. We stared at eachother for some time. During this time the experience for me was as though I was in the presence of a familiar being, an old friend whom for a long time had been forgotten or busy and had just come to say that they were ready to continue our frienship.
Following this experience,I came across a few Lobsang Rampa titles while cleaning out an old bookshelf(The Thirteenth Candle, The Cave of the Ancients). Upon reading these, I was enthralled by their answering of questions and explanations of concepts that came to be my basis of doubts about my families' religion. I became interested in occult and practiced trance meditation to deepen my knowledge about myself and what I needed to learn in this incarnation. A friend of mine who was also a bit of an advisor on the occult and spiritual matters (being more experienced), after listening to a few of my questions, put me on to a website; an introduction to Wicca. After researching this practice and some meditation I chose to make Wicca a path to my own enlightenment. I then had another similar "owl" experience (a common barn owl this time). Shortly after this I came across some literature that "spoke" to me, a book called Queen of Hell by Mark Alan Smith. This book has been my guide so far into a Traditional Witchcraft pracitce in worship and Devotion to the Goddess Hecate to whom I am realizing now I have a calling. My skill so far in spell work and rituals is a bit lacking since I lack backround knowledge and expereince. But I am learning and I guess putting myslef out there to learn even more and share with others. As I said before I'm green and many terms and festival dates and traditions in Wicca, im still coming to terms with so bear with me. My resolve is to continue on to Initiate into witchcraft with Hecate and her servants as my guides. For me there must be balance of light and dark for true spiritual transmutation. I do not follow any threefold law or code, malefica and dark arts as well as light works have been part of the Craft for eons and therefore are there to be used according to the judgements of the witch. I welcome any discussions and advice of ideas and means.

In Nomine Hecate

Urubu.

10 comments:

Nazireh Reis said...

Hi Urubu, welcome to the blog, looking forward to your contributions to it because it seems that even though you may be 'green' (a beginner like myself as well), you have some interesting experiences and have learned quite a bit on your own. Myabe you can share with us what other experiences lead you to have an affinity with Hecate...I always find that experiences such as these are inspiring. Is Hecate the sole deity you work with or is there others?

Keisha said...

Congrats and welcome!! Your description of the journey to this point has been quite insightful. Did you find the books you referred to at your parents' house??
Maybe there were others in your family who at one time considered such a path?
I have found that specific affinities and 'gifts' often repeat themselves in a family, but sometimes our forebears ignore those abilities due to fear of the 'devil' and such.

Urubu said...

Thanks for the welcome.
To answer Nazireh Reis first; It is my understanding that in working with the Dark Queen Hecate she will bring forth other Gods/entities to either aid or teach you certain things. The pantheon I plan to work with is Hecate, Lucifer(the light bearer) and Belial. But so far I have felt a desire to focus on working with Her and initiating to Her. Taking it one step at a time.
To aswer FeatherStone; Yes I did find it at my grandparents' actually, I think my grandmother was interested in the occult at one time, she had some gifts(she said she could see spirits and recognise the), but she turned from that path out of fear, you're quite right.
In Nomina Hecate

Nazireh Reis said...

Hi Urubu,

That sonds really interesting, your pantheon. It's really funny how Christians seem to think Lucifer is a negative entity when in fact he is a very positive, beneficient entity, being the Light bearer. This reminds me...have you ever done research into the Yezidis? They have a similar deity concept that is worth researching. I hav found Hecate to be an intruiging character, but I never felt pulled in that direction, but her myths are fascinating nontheless. Do you have a shrine set up to her and your other dieties?

All the best on your journey along your path.

Celtic Crystal said...

*rubbing hands with glee* conversation and debate...SWEET!
LOL

Urubu said...

Hi Nazireh,
Yes I do have a Shrine dedicated to these Gods. Lucifer has light as well as dark (more aggressive) energies. To work in possesion with these Gods is truly a powerful and fulfilling experience. Depending on the type of evocation and the particular face of Lucifer or Hecate one evokes, the energies can be harmful. One must first initiate with the Goddess Hecate to be able to contend with some of the energies of the Deities called before you.
As to the Yezidis, I've never heard of that belief system until you mentioned it. From what I googled, there may be some similarities with the Pantheon I work with. To me they seem not very significant (the similarites). I know however that Lucifer has been known by other names in the past. Im currently preparing for my initiation into the Primal Craft of The Dark Queen Hecate. through soul transition and elevation.
Blessed be.
In love and devotion, In Nomine Hecate

Urubu said...

Hey Nazireh Reis,
What has your path been like? Are you devoted to any Gods? What is the essence of your magick?

Nazireh Reis said...

Urubu, (which is a very interesting SN, how did you come by it btw?)

Yes the Yezidis may not seem to bear much resemblance to your path on the surface but the links are there. They worship Malek Taus (King of the Earth), the 'Peacock Angel'..They are very heavily into mysticism and are worth researching, the roots of Luciferianism are very old. I at one time was inetrested in this path myself.

For me, I am drawn strongly to the Gareco-Roman traditions, but lately I have noticed that I'm beginning to pull towards the Near Eastern (Phoenician, Sumerian, Hebrew, etc.) mythos...I haven't dedicated myself formally yet but I defintely have a long-standing relationship between myself and my chosen God-form. I'm on the 'opposite' end of the spectrum from u, I actually have a strong prediliction for Aphrodite/ Venus...a very majestic goddess that has been seriously underestimted. She has a 'dark'/ beligerent side to her as well, besides the whole 'love goddess aspect': as seen from some of her titles
- Aphrodite Androphonos (man killer)
- Aphrodite Anosia (unholy)
- Aphrodite Areia (warlike)
- Aphrodite Enoplios (the armed one)
- Aphrodite Epitymbidia (she upon the tombs)
- Aphrodite Hoplismena (armed)
landed)
- Aphrodite Melaenis (dark or black)
- Aphrodite Skotia (the dark)
- Aphrodite Tymborykhos (grave digger)

Other than Aphrodite, I have a strong attraction to Lilith, but I don't think I'm ready to handle her, she is a different cup of tea :D She is very powerful and potent, and I have a lot of respect for her and her mythos.

Peace

- PS: Have you ever done in research into the Inverse Tree of Life/ 'Tree of Death' as it's also called...its rite up your alley I think

Urubu said...

Yes i have done some research on the Tree of life, Ive heard it referred to as Inverse before also,but i never quite got what that meant . The formulae Im using allow one to climb the dark side of this tree and beyond it. Hmm an interesting point to note about Lilith. What you said was very subtle, but i know exactly what you mean.Im preparing for that experience also, she is one Hecate's kin whom I'm being introduced to. . To be in the sphere of Lilith and Gamaliel (btw), one needs to be prepared initiated/dedicated at some level because the higher energies of these spheres is above what an unprepared human soul, mind and body can tolerate. I have alot of respect for Her aswell. Very interisting path, I didnt know Aphrodite had so many different facets, fascinating to note that she is popular to us for one of those facets. I wonder why.
Blessed Be
In Nomine Hecate

Urubu said...

Hmm one more insight. The Malek Taus that the Yezidis praise as King of Earth. The stories of Malek Taus,do not strike me as resembling the truth of the origin of Lucifer though names like Azazel that they also attribute to Him (which i know to be a very aggresive form of Lucifer if evoked) show a striking resemblance to the Red King I know. However the stories which surround Malek Taus are similar to the accounts of the Gardeners of The Earth in Lobsang Rampa's book The Hermit(an interesting read btw), where in the Atlantean era These Gardeners of the earth were multidimensional evolved beings whose job was to watchover the human race and interact with them. This influence and interaction gave that race of men the knowledge and tools which out of pride they used to gain control and fought amongst themselves. Well all according to these two accounts these stories are similar.The stories main difference is that with the Yezidis,the war was started and fought by Malek Taus who wanted to overthrow God vs Rampas's version, where the atlanteans wanting the power of the Gardeners of the earth started and thier thrones, started the war.However I dont think that Malek Taus and Lucifer are the same entity being referres to by different names. There is a link to an interview on Witchtalk radio on the website www.primalcraft.com -(The Red King - the Gnosis of Lucifer with Mark Alan Smith)In the interview there is some detail on the myths surrounding this God and some info to clear these up.