So I will give two examples. The first one shows how they have been a source of comfort and encouragement in difficult times. The second one shows how they guide my magic working, when I listen to them.
So this first example is directly from a journal entry. I was having a very tough time after my marital separation and living with relatives. I was feeling lonely and frustrated. So I locked myself in my room and proceeded to rant to my guide (who I called Goddess at the time) about how I felt. At the time I was so vexed that I was in no mood to listen. After my rant, several things happened that left me feeling much better and humbled. I wrote the following in my journal as a result:
"19th July, 2009
Last night I received an encouraging sign from the Goddess. She is truly hearing my prayers. After I wrote my Journal last night, two things happened. Firstly, I ended up chatting with a student from ...[ my school, as well as with ] ... a guy who claims to be interested. I entertained his interest because it was an ego boost (I’ll admit). By the time we were done, I was all ‘chatted’ out!!! It definitely was a much-needed boost.
The second thing that happened was that I saw a frog / toad perched on the back porch. I immediately sensed that it was in response to my tirade a few minutes before given that all my life, I have NEVER seen a frog on the back porch of my aunt’s house. I went to bed, after my aunt chased it away, but I was haunted by the need to find out what the symbol of a frog means. After connecting with a website listing the meanings of various symbols and animals, I came across a page, listing various meanings of the frog. I noted the following things that were mentioned:
“Call on the energy of the frog when you:
Given what I was going through just when the frog appeared that coincidence was too amazing!!!!
I immediately thanked the Goddess and continue to thank her for her attention and love."
The second example involved some simple weather working, though I believe I had 'help'. This had happened after a week of my 'friends' nagging me to do some magic. Every time some little difficulty would show up, like traffic jams or trying to find some lost item, they would encourage me to use a little magic to solve it. At the time I was still very reticent about using magic, so I would repeatedly refuse.
So this time I was stranded at City Gate (a bus station in the capital city of Port-of-Spain) due to very heavy rain. I really had a lot to do that day and was therefore getting quite impatient. I prayed for the rain to stop, but it just got heavier. Then my 'friends' said, "Why don't you make it stop?"
For some reason, I said yes this time, because I felt at peace with it, plus I 'knew' exactly what to do.
So, I pulled myself away from the crowd and stood where I could see the skies clearly. I then bowed my head and held my hands to my heart. The best way I could describe the feeling was as if I had taken a lasso and was 'pulling' clear skies and sunshine out of the dark skies. The next thing I knew, was that the rain had eased, and when I looked up, the sky was blue and the sun was shining.
The funny thing about it was, it felt like the most normal thing in the world. When I saw the skies, I simply gave thanks, and went about my business. In fact, this is the first time I have ever mentioned this to anyone.
So these are my two examples. I hope it helps, and again welcome comments, questions and explanations.
Blessed be )O(
No comments:
Post a Comment