So I had an idea...this is a very small island, and we often need to get metaphysical supplies whether its books, candles, incense, et.c, etc. We manage to find all this stuff even though we don't have a dedicated metaphyiscal store in T&T. Many of us order from online as well, but it's often more convenient to buy locally as well. I thought maybe it would be a good idea to put together a mini Directory with the stores and businesses that offer supplies relevant to us. Facebook groups and pages related to this would also be a good idea. Simple things such as where to find good craft supplies, candles, good books, etc. Maybe we all know in our heads where to go but I think it's a great idea to put these down so new-commers can benefit. I will add some places I have in mind later, I think it will be beneficial to all of us.
Books
- The Olde Book Shoppe - 94 Eastern Main Road, St. Augustine [ 662-9335 ]
Ver good bookstore; there's a section that carries Metaphysical titles and there's a small selection of very interesting ornaments from The Mythical Realm (such as a dragon incense burner, a mini dragon chest, fairy statues, etc.)
5 comments:
I love this idea!! The only place i currently know of besides general stores are puja stores. Recently obtained a a cauldron, incense holder, incense sticks and a very effective bell there. :)
I also know that Ishmael Khan's in Trincity Mall offer metaphysical titles. They also take book orders, once you provide the name and author.
Great.....Started the Directory on the side. All you have to do is click on the tool bar to add more
FeatherStone I agree with you...you can get most of your supplies in puja stores lol...which leads me to wonder about the degree of influence Buddhism & Hinduism probably had on Wicca (I read somewhere that Gerald Gardner was involved in Tantra at one point in time)
I think at one time there was a universal belief, which dictated a way of life. This belief may have gotten "tweaked" by geographical location. Which would account for the similarities.
Several years ago I vaguely remember coming across what was clearly an occult shop on Charlotte Street (I think). I do also remember that the shopkeeper was quite patronzing when I told him I was Wiccan. I have never come across that shop again. However, if anybody came across a similar place recently, it could still be a great resource - surly shopkeeper aside :)
Post a Comment