Journeying with Wicca is truly unique. There are many you meet along the path, whose road is labelled the same, but the look and feel are different.The individual is like a lens, each individual a different lens, and aspects of Wicca are chosen and collected by the individual, yet the final image is different in each individual.
From my lens, gods and goddesses are nothing more than energies that can be used when needed. I feel no compunction to dedicate my practice to any one particular god or goddess. Like a fickle child, I go to each with a particular goal in mind.
I also feel no compunction to collect numbers and prosthelytizing is best left for those who need numbers to justify to themselves that their faith is the right one.
Creation is......that is all.... all the energies exist, and the number of people who believe in (insert name of whatever here) does not change that. At the end of all argument that have been put forth by the mind of man, we all acknowledge that spirit exists.
It is my personal belief that in Spirit, on some level that we cannot see, we are all connected like drops of water in the ocean. We cannot separate ourselves from each other, and that everything we interact with is connected to us forever in some way.
Spiritual connection for the individual, is...and has to remain...unique to that individual. Just as each person has likes and dislikes.....and each person should learn to listen to their "touchstones" to know what touches their spirit. Keep what speaks to you, throw out what makes you uneasy. Revisit all points you have stopped at occasionally to see if you can relate to anything you have discarded. Move along your faith in a spiral dance, returning to old theories and colouring them with your own "lens"........your spirit will only soar.....and your connection to the all will be established.
I am what people will call and indisciplined witch.... eclectic if that makes people more comfortable. No god or goddess can "trap" me in their grasp, for I will soon see their shortcomings. No religion will ever hold my mind, for these are rationalized by men, and created by men....and they have great shortcomings. Traditions hold no spiritual water for me, because the mind can be chained to an idea, and this idea can limit the flight of Spirit.........and I really want to fly!
Any way enough of my ramblings..........great to see that our community is growing, and people are making contributions....continue on all......ah luving the posts!
1 comment:
Really beautiful. I can truly identify with what u say.
Post a Comment