
I have been studying the Tarot for a few years now, and there is such a wealth of information that I cannot consider myself an expert at all. The reason I got into studying it is beacuse of the visual symbols that they hold. As an Artist, my journey takes me into the effect that shapes, colours, symbols, objects and animals have on the human psyche. Using these "keys" in artwork helps me create artwork that may trigger emotions in the viewer.
I am not doing it with the intention of manipulation, but in forming a deeper connection with the message I am trying to portray.
These two peices shown here are my own, influenced by the Fool and Magician Tarot cards from the Rhyder Waithe deck. I find the Tarot an enormous resource with regard to symbolism.
This second one is THE FOOL Lotus Flower. They come from an exploratory series on my spiritual principles...you can see them at 100 Lotus Flowers
This second one is THE FOOL Lotus Flower. They come from an exploratory series on my spiritual principles...you can see them at 100 Lotus FlowersThere are many ways to study the Tarot.....and the more you find....well...the more you find... :)
6 comments:
These are very beautiful and compelling artwork...I agree with you, the Tarot is an amazing resource for artists, because as artists ( or even art lovers ), we seek to effect a change or impression on our viewer via the language of images. I would love to know more of your insights into the Tarot CC if you are so inclined, because I'm sure you may have some very interesting experiences with it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts :)
I added a links tab on the side for those who'd like to explore deeper into the Tarot...these sites were my personal favorites :)
Thanks for the links. Will look into them. :). I wad actually very hesitant to work with the Tarot at first until I stumbled upon a text that explained that the Tarot represents emotional states that we can experience in this manifestation. Having had my cards read by a superbly great reader in the Usa once , I was in awe of the wealth of information she was able to predict which came to pass in the months that followed. I shall try to find the Text that I read which tied the tarot to the Kabbalah Tree of Life.
Aeclectic Tarot is a site I use often when doing meditational readings for myself. I love how they relate all the cards to the Fools continuing journey.
I really love the artwork. Looking forward to when you put together a tarot card deck! ;)
Post a Comment